That special night is quickly approaching. It’s a magical moment you will remember forever: your high school prom. Are you ready? Do you have the right shoes and jewelry? Is your hair appointment made? Most importantly, do you have the perfect dress? As the event looms near, you may need some shopping tips or some fast alterations in Seattle, WA. Here are a few suggestions to make your prom the dream date you desire:
- Think beyond prom: As you are shopping for that perfect dress, consider looking outside the “prom” section. Many stores stock extra styles for this season, but don’t feel limited to looking at just these options. You may even save money by perusing stores’ selections that are not labeled specifically “prom gowns,” since prom dresses are in high demand for the season and are therefore marked up. Your perfect dress may await you in another section.
- Allow for alterations: When you budget for your dress, include alterations. This will give you some flexibility. If you find your dream dress, but your size is out of stock, or the designer didn’t have you in mind with their size chart, you can still get the dress. If you’ve allowed for the additional expense of alterations, you can happily purchase the dress and have it tailored perfectly. When you keep in mind that you can have it altered, your dress options expand immensely.
- Shop online: When you have decided ahead of time to include alterations as part of the process, shopping online becomes a feasible option. There’s no need to try it on. If it’s not a perfect fit, that’s okay. Feel free to view the nearly limitless options online and choose your favorite. Then, bring it to Diane’s Alterations & Tailoring for a custom fit, or find a style online that you like, and bring in a similar dress to have it altered to the online style you prefer.
- Slip into your shoes: When you take your dress in for alterations, be sure to bring the shoes you will be wearing with it. This is most important for a floor-length gown. To ensure the length is just right, you’ll want to wear your prom shoes for the fitting. If you haven’t found your matching shoes yet, consider wearing flats, or bring a pair of shoes that match the height of what you plan to buy.
- Go big, not small: Are you unsure what size to order? Keep in mind that it is much easier to take in a dress by a size or two than to alter it to a larger size. There might not be a lot of extra fabric included. When in doubt, or if you are between sizes, go one size bigger rather than smaller. This will make your alterations simpler and quicker.
At Diane’s Alterations & Tailoring, we know how important this event is to you or your daughter. We also know you probably don’t have much time to spare for alterations. You can trust us with this milestone event. We will expertly tailor your dress for the perfect fit, and we will complete fast alterations in Seattle, WA to ensure you have it in plenty of time for prom.