With summer in full swing, you likely wish to have a swimsuit that fits. Perhaps the one you bought last year is more than adequate for your taste or style, but it may be wearing out, or you feel less confident wearing it. Since swimsuits can be expensive, especially for women, you may want to consider alterations in Seattle, WA to improve the fit and appearance of your old swimsuit. Here are six ideas that may work for you:
- Turning a two-piece into a one-piece: Perhaps you just do not feel as bold as you did last summer, or a sunburn or two has since turned you off from wearing that bikini. If you like the fabric and the cup size fits well, you can still make it useful for this summer, too. Adding a lace panel or contrasting fabric between the top and the bottom can turn this two-piece into a stylish one-piece. You will still get to enjoy your swimsuit and also obtain extra coverage.
- Add embellishments: Bedazzling is fun and adds excitement to your summer style. It is a great way to enhance that single-color swimsuit from last summer if you decide it is too dull for this year. Other creative endeavors include adding a bohemian flair using vintage bolo ties or jewelry. As long as what you add is waterproof, your options are nearly limitless in this category.
- Consider the straps: Adding straps to a strapless top is an easy option and adds security. You can also change out the straps for something wider or replace wide straps with spaghetti-style straps. Whether you want more support or more style, straps are a simple alteration that will change fit and appearance dramatically.
- Make it reversible: Sometimes, you just want options. If you want an additional layer for thinning fabric, consider converting your suit to a two-sided style. That way, you can either choose a solid color or the original fabric, simply by flipping your suit inside out. It is like having two swimsuits in one!
- Raise the waist: If you do not want to convert your two-piece to a one-piece, consider adding a raised waist. This is becoming in style again, and it allows you to experience the freedom of a two-piece with coverage closer to a one-piece. You will also find this desirable for an older suit that you wish to make more unique. Use a similar fabric or contrasting colors to create a look that will not be found on the rack.
- Consider support: When wearing your swimsuit fills you with dread, ask yourself why. It could be that you need alterations for support, including more fabric on the bottom, better straps or even a sewn-in bra. Sometimes, what you find on the rack does not quite fit your body or make you feel comfortable. Making these small adjustments can help you embrace those pool or hot tub parties this summer, rather than avoid them.
Diane’s Alterations & Tailoring offers the alterations in Seattle, WA that you require to make your summer clothes fit better. Visit or call us today to see where we can make improvements.