When you’re cleaning out your closet, do you come across pieces you love, but can’t wear? There are a number of reasons you may not want to part with a piece of clothing you can’t wear. In these cases, it’s hard to justify keeping those pieces. But don’t lose hope—with professional alterations in Seattle, WA, you can customize those pieces so they fit seamlessly into your wardrobe.
Here some of the reasons you should consider keeping clothes you love rather than replacing them:
- Item is worn out or damaged: You may have a pile of clothing in the back of your closet with broken zippers or holes. You have good intentions of fixing them yourself, but let’s face it: fixing those clothes is time consuming. You long to return them to your wardrobe rotation, but until you get them fixed, they will continue taking up space. Save time and effort, and seek out professional alterations in Seattle, WA.
- Your size has changed: Our bodies inevitably change with age and other circumstances. But you don’t have to say goodbye to your favorite jacket or jeans when you go up or down a size. A tailor can help you put that piece to use again by taking it in or out.
- Item has sentimental value: You may have inherited a beautiful heirloom from a relative, something irreplaceable, but not wearable in its current state. With professional alterations in Seattle, WA, you can transform that piece from ill fitting or outdated to a perfectly customized piece that allows you to make use of it and lengthen its life.
What are the benefits of using professional alterations?
Not only have experienced professional tailors seen and done it all, they have the right equipment to do the job right. By attempting the job yourself with amateur equipment, you risk damaging the clothing beyond repair. Don’t take that chance on a piece you love.
Why not buy new clothes?
Before you dump your beloved but unwearable clothes in the dumpster, consider the impact of your shopping choices. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, textile waste takes up an estimated 5 percent of landfill space. Many of those clothes are made from synthetic materials that are non-biodegradable. By using professional alterations in Seattle, WA and lengthening the life of your wardrobe, you are preventing your clothes from having a negative impact on the environment.
What are my options for refurbishing my clothing?
A talented, professional tailor can work magic on clothing. Whether it’s a dress, a jacket or a pair of pants, there is always an option for bringing it back to life. Here are some ideas on how to make your clothing sing again:
- Take in the sides of a jacket and adjust the shoulders to create a flattering, custom silhouette
- Adjust sleeves and hems to fit your unique body
- Hem the legs of pants to fit your height
- Adjust the waist to create a perfectly snug, but comfortable fit
- Remove pleats to give pants, dresses and skirts a new look
- Add or remove sleeves from blouses and dresses to fit your style
Avoid the world of “fast fashion” and make an investment in your style. By using professional alterations in Seattle, WA, you can enjoy your favorite pieces longer and avoid frequent trips to the mall. Contact Diane’s Alterations & Tailoring to learn more about how you can revive your wardrobe.